VP, Occupational Health
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Vice President, Occupational Health is responsible for providing the leadership, standards of performance, integration and guidance to administer all aspects of Occupational Health, Workplace Safety and Surveillance Health across the HMH network and other work-related programs and services as developed for HMH and non- HMH clients. Responsible specifically for occupational health-related improvements in HMH team member health and safety, as well as for collaborating with other relevant HMH team member health and safety leaders to address other areas as needed. Responsible for development and execution of business plans to support the growth of external clients for Occupational Health services while driving innovation and prioritizing new business opportunities. This position will be located at our Corporate Offices in Edison, NJ but will travel to various Hackensack Meridian Health facilities and to non-Hackensacak Meridian Health facilities as needed.
A day in the life of a VP, Occupational Health Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Accomplishes business unit objectives by establishing strategic vision and business plans, budgets, andresults measurements; allocating resources, reviewing progress and making necessary course corrections.
- Manages compliance excellence strategies and works with leaders in creating and managing standard operating procedures for all aspects of Occupational Health services with a focus on regulatory requirements and process efficiency. Key areas of emphasis include safety, infection control, privacy, customer business planning, customer satisfaction, and industry benchmarks.
- Establishes and leads infrastructure, workflow, processes and resources to ensure optimal Occupational Health services delivery and scalability.
- Establishes Key Performance Indicators to drive accountability and continuous improvement, measuring clinical, quality, operational and financial outcomes; ensures ability to measure and quantitatively articulate value proposition/delivery of value. Works with team member health & safety data analysts to develop dashboards and governance processes to monitor progress.
- Serves as the network occupational health representative in all team member related health and safety activities initiatives; ensures representation at relevant committees both at the campus and network level.
- Creates a shared culture reflective of the Hackensack Meridian Health principles of collaboration, compassion, creativity, connection, and courage.
- Participate in/Lead relevant broader governance committees to improve overall team member health and safety
- Responsible for maintenance and growth of external clients.
- Measures and builds a culture focused on customer satisfaction for both internal and external clients.
- Incorporates current research into Occupational Health strategies and ensures compliance with applicable health and safety regulations.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Registered Nurse (or other healthcare discipline) with master’s degree in business or Nursing required.
- Minimum 10 years proven effective and progressive leadership experience required.
- Certification in Occupational Health required.
- Expertise in strategic/business planning and new business development.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Presentation and negotiation expertise.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates strong problem solving and proactive crisis management capabilities.
- Demonstrates ability to negotiate and reach agreement across diverse constituencies.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to travel to various HMH and non-HMH facilities.
- Superior oral and written communication skills; effective use of diplomacy, tact and judgment with the ability to articulate and translate eloquently the complex goals, missions and aspirations of Occupational Health.
- Possesses a style which is both innovative and results-oriented.
- Exhibits flexibility while influencing others to improve processes and implement changes.
- Must have extremely strong service-orientation and ability to build relationships with senior and operational executives; demonstrated track record of success proving ability to translate customer needs into new business/revenue opportunities.
- Proven track record of building a team and culture of collaboration.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.